Gland Seals are Classified as Contact Seals And as Contact Free, Grooved Split Seals. Contact Seals are multi segmented seal rings used for rotating shafts or linear motion pistons .The sealing effect is obtained with springs that press the carbon segments to the sealed surface. Contact seals continuously rub against a counter face material and as such are always subject to mechanical wear. Grooved seals are designed as single part or multi-segment rings which require a precisely defined clearance to the sealed shaft.
1) The number of segments is dependent on the diameter of the shaft. There is no limit to the number of segments.
2) Turbine Seals provide water as a Lubrication medium and are subject to very low wear rates at very high rubbing speeds.
3) The use of multiple stacked packing creates a labyrinth effect which can result in additional sealing functionality.
4) Frequently, the initial run in wear removes most of the mechanical play between the segment contacts. In these cases, packing can obtain the characteristics of a contact free grooved seal with minimal loss of sealing effect.
5) Typical applications are multi segmented packings to seal shafts on ventilators, ship-propellers and water turbines.
Piston Rod seals are used to seal the linear movement of the piston rods. Segment rings are used in pairs to achieve additional axial sealing. The segments have overlapping shoulders. Pins or springs secure the rings in position. The shaft’s surface roughness should be Rt 1u.m.We can supply springs or pins based on customers, requirements along with the seals.
Labyrinth Seals made with our self-lubricating carbon materials have the advantage over metals in those short periods of contact during startup due to difference in the co-efficient of thermal expansion do not cause damage. As a result, the Labyrinth gaps can be smaller in size on a carbon graphiteseal as compared to a metal seal. Consequently given the same performance requirements, a carbon Graphite seal can be shorter than a metal seal.
The carbon seal ring segments are used in housing for coal mills. In power plants
Carbon Graphite – Resin / Antimony Impregnated
» Packings for Hydro Power , Ventilators , Propeller Shafts , Turbo Compressors
» Piston and Guide Rings ,piston Rod Seals /Piston Compressors
» Labyrinth Seals
AG体育 » We can even supply these Carbon seals/segments for high temperature applications.